Monday 6 August 2012

Arrêté de nomination has arrived!

Today, I walked outside to my mailbox like I have been obsessively for the past week, to find the big envelope I hoped would be there. After months of waiting, my arrete de nomination has finally arrived!

The arrete de nomination is the work contract that allows you to get your visa to live and work legally in France. Without your arrete you can't get your visa, which is why all assistants (including me!) have been anxiously awaiting their arrival. I've read horror stories about people not getting their's and starting their job in France late, so when it got to August, I was beginning to think the worst.

Fortunately, I was one of the lucky ones!

Getting my arrete means that I can actually start to do all the things on my massive to-do list, which is growing by the day. First on my list is to book my flights to France. I'm so excited, I can't even begin to tell you!

The next step in the process is flying up to Sydney in two weeks time to get my visa! I look forward to telling you all about it and showing you a few pics of Sydney!

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...